Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Skip banner

Web Content Display Web Content Display




     Jagiellonian University in Kraków
     Consortium Coordinating Institution


Director of Studies

Programme coordinator

Dr Grzegorz Pożarlik

Programme staff

Ms Elzbieta Baran |

Ms. Sylwia Boryka

Programme website

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Academic calendar 2022/2023

Read More o

See timetable

See timetable

USOS web 


Extranet libraray 


Legilizing your stay

Before departure students should familiarise themselves with certain administrative and legal formalities. Most importantly, the student must check whether he/she needs a visa to cross the Polish border.

EU citizens

If the student is an EU citizen, a visa is not necessary. An EU citizen may come to Poland and stay here for a longer period of time. 

Non-EU citizens

For citizens of non-EU countries, the process may be more complicated, so students should anticipate that the visa process may take anywhere from 2-3 months. You should apply for a visa no earlier than 3 months in advance.

Getting a temporary residency permit

When entering Poland on the basis of “visa-free movement” or with a short-term Schengen visa (type C), the student needs to legalize his or her stay in a regional office for foreigners affairs in Krakow. The office issues temporary and permanent residency permits for both EU and non-EU citizens. Non-EU students without a long-term visa type D are advised to apply for a temporary residency permit. 

More information about legalizing your stay


University halls of residence 

Halls or residence that are usually available for our students are the following:





All students enrolled to the programme will receive a form to sign up for a place in university residence halls. 

Private accommodation 

There are a few options for getting information on flats available for rent in Krakow:

CES Housing Support: Centre for European Studies  staff will assist in researching for available flats in Krakow

Online ads:  You can dearch for flats availabale and on the following webpages:


Students are required to have health and accident coverage for the entire period of their studies.

Medical, accident and life insurance are the responsibility of the student at the Jagiellonian University. The staff at the Centre for European Studies will be happy to advise and assist our students with any aspect of medical care, but responsibility for registering for, purchasing and maintaining appropriate insurance remains with the student. The Jagiellonian University cannotassume responsibility or liability for any medical needs not covered by the student’s existingcoverage.

We recommend that international students who will be staying longer than one semester at the Jagiellonian University have all of the following:

1. Valid medical insurance from their home country that will cover long-term hospital stays
2. Local Polish health coverage,private or public (it is possible to sign up for insurance with NFZ, National Health Fund)

3. Jagiellonian University accident and life insurance (cost: around 45zł, 10 EUR).

Students who will be staying for one semester or less should be able to rely on insurance from their home country and Jagiellonian University accident and life insurance.