Admissions for the 2021/2022 academic year are now open!
Who can apply?
Students who hold a university degree equivalent to a bachelor degree or higher.
Candidates will be admitted to the programme upon evaluation of their written applications.
Applications will be assessed upon the following weight of elements calculated in a scale from 0 to 100 points as follows:
Application content—maximum of 70 points—including:
grades in transcript—50 points;
academic and non-academic experience, other achievements, foreign language proficiency—20 points;
Motivation—maximum of 30 points—motivation for undertaking the programme, relevance and originality of academic interests presented in the application (maximum of 6000 characters).
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Candidates whose first language is not English are required to prove their English language proficiency with a recognised certificate documenting command of the English language on a level specified by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. This does not apply to English native speakers, graduates of study programmes where the language of instruction was English.
Candidates who do not have language certificate at the stage of submitting the application may request an interview which will verify the level of competency in the English language. The interview is passed successfully upon earning at least 60% of total points out of 100% and will fulfill requirement for English profficiency.
Proficiency in Polish is not required.
Admission STEP I
- Create your IRK/OAS (Online Application System) account and complete necessary sections before you register for the programme. Some sections will require from you to upload documents (e.g. to confirm Foreigner's status in Poland).
- Choose the MA in International Relations: Europe from Visegrad perspective from the list of programmes
During completing your application you will be requested to complete additional information:
- final diploma result—if this is not yet known, a predicted grade should be entered,
- explanation of the motivation for their choice of programme. Max. 6000 characters.
3. Upload document confirming command of English:
If do not have any document to confirm your English profficiency at at least B2 level you will be invited to take part in the interview.*
4. Upload documents required for calculating the final result:
- Transcript of grades **
- Curriculum Vitae (résumé), highlighting academic achievements (Curriculum Vitae in the Europass format)
NOTE: To be uploaded, documents should be merged into one PDF fie.
* Please note that you may be notified of the exact time and place for your exam even just two days before it is scheduled. Please check the date of the exam in the admission schedule—this day will not change, and you can plan accordingly; if you are unable to come to the exam in person (e.g. problems with obtaining your visa), please check with the students office of the programme if the board allows for Skype interviews.
** Every document issued in a language other than Polish or English has to be submitted with a certified (“sworn”) translation into Polish or English.
7. Pay the registration fee to confirm your application
To confirm each registration for studies, you have to pay the registration fee in the amount: 85 PLN.
Bank account details and to check the status of your payment:
1. Log in to your personal IRK/OAS account -> My accounts -> Payments
- Application fee may only be paid by a bank transfer or Dotpay (you can use a credit card). We do not accept checks, and you cannot pay by money order (ex. Western Union), or cash directly at our Admission Office.
- Application fee is not refundable.
- You will be notified about the results in the IRK/OAS system.
To see your application: Log in to your personal IRK/OAS account -> My accounts _ Enrollment applications
Admission STEP II
Documents upon enrolment
Enrolment is possible by post or in person. Please check dates for the enrollment.
Once admitted, the applicant will be required to provide the following additional documents:
- personal questionnaire downloaded from the system, including the photograph
- higher education diploma*
- passport or ID card (for Europen Union citizens) or passport (for non-European Union citizens)
- documents downloaded from the system from “Documents and further steps” link
- apostille or a legislation for a diploma issued outside of Poland **
- certified translation of all documents issued in the language other than the programme language
- document certifying the required command of the programme language of instruction
- insurance proof
*Candidates who hold higher education diploma obtained outside Poland are required to submit (at the latest by 28 September 2020 (or for 4 and 5 admission round until 7 October 2020) provide diploma obtained outside of Poland authenticated with apostille or legalized. Nostrification and Apostille.
**Every document issued in a language other than Polish or English has to be submitted with a certified (“sworn”) translation into Polish or English.
For enrolment all documents must be sent by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.